London Police say they do not believe there’s a threat to public safety as they continue to investigate a possible weapons case in the city’s east end.
Officers have been on scene at a home on Sanders St. since 3:12 a.m. Friday when they received a call asking them to check on a man’s welfare.
“We’ve received additional information that would lead us to believe that there’s not a threat to public safety at this time,” Cst. Sandasha Bough told AM980 at the scene.
“London Police will be clearing the area however we will still hold that residence for ongoing investigation.”
Officers received a tip as the morning wore on that the man may have left the home in question and was seen walking near Giles St., about two blocks east of Sanders St.
London Police are unable to release further information about the individual involved in this case or the circumstances surrounding the investigation.
Sanders St. reopened to the public shortly before 10:30 a.m.
Earlier in the morning negotiators with the London Police Service could be heard trying to communicate with the man, asking him to let them know he was alright. Officers also said they wouldn’t leave until he surrendered.
More information to come.
With files from Natalie Lovie and Devon Peacock