London Police have laid charges against a 36-year-old London man in connection to a shooting in the city’s west end Saturday morning.
Police responded to a shooting in the area of Beaverbrook Avenue and Sarnia Road around 9:52 a.m.
Upon arrival, police located a male suspect driving a motorcycle. The suspect fled from police on the vehicle.
Police reported that once the motorcycle came to a stop at Riverside Drive and Wonderland Road, the male fled on foot and was arrested by police.
An adult male suffering from a gunshot wound was transported from the scene to hospital by paramedics, where he remains in critical condition.
Themistoklis Kouzounas is charged with:
- Aggravated assault
- Discharge firearm with intent to wound, endanger life or prevent arrest
- Disqualified operation of a motor vehicle
- Fail to submit to drug evaluation/Peace officer demand
- Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle
- Take motor vehicle to drive without consent
- Fail to stop for police/pursuit
Police stated that the two other adult men arrested in connection with the incident have been released unconditionally.
The Major Crime Section is continuing to investigate. The firearm has not been recovered at this time.
Anyone with information in relation to this incident is asked to call the London Police or Crime Stoppers.