Huron County OPP have laid more sexual assault charges against a Scout Leader in Wingham.
The ongoing sexual assault investigation dates back to between 1971 and 1995.
The new charges come as five additional victims have been identified who were all between the ages of 10 and 21 when the offences took place.
Police say the accused gained access to the victims through his employment at the Wingham & District Hospital and through his volunteer work with the 1st Wingham Scout troop.
Martin Cretier, 71 of North Huron, faces the following additional charges:
- Six counts of indecent assault, contrary to section 156 of the Criminal Code
- One count of indecent assault, contrary to section 149 (1) of the Criminal Code
- Eight counts of gross indecency, contrary to section 157 of the Criminal Code
- Two counts of sexual assault, contrary to section 271 of the Criminal Code
- One count of sexual assault, contrary to section 246.1 (1) of the Criminal Code
- Two counts of forcible confinement, contrary to section 247 (2) of the Criminal Code
- One count of sexual exploitation, contrary to section 153 (1)(a) of the Criminal Code.
Cretier has been released from custody but has a scheduled court appearance Dec. 10 in Wingham.
Anyone with any information regarding the incidents is asked to contact Huron County OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or (519) 524-8314.
If you wish to remain anonymous, you can call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).