Londoners planning on driving to the downtown core or to the Old East Village to ring in 2017 will once again be allowed to park overnight at several municipal parking lots without getting ticketed or towed, the city said Wednesday.
Similar to years past, the city says revelers parking in one of 1,500 spaces at 19 municipal parking lots in the downtown, Richmond Row, and Old East Areas will only have to pay for parking until midnight on New Year’s Eve. After that, vehicles can be left at the lot overnight for free until 1 p.m. New Year’s Day.
Lots are marked with green “P” symbols, and should not be confused with privately-owned parking lots, the city said in a media release. On-street and overnight parking regulations must be adhered to.
The city says the following lots are eligible:
- Lot 1: Dundas/Elizabeth/English Street – 434 Elizabeth Street
- Lot 2: Dundas/Elizabeth/Adelaide – 641 Queens Avenue
- Lot 3N: Oxford West of Richmond – 743 Richmond Street
- Lot 3E: Piccadilly/Oxford St E. – 234 Piccadilly Street
- Lot 3W: Piccadilly West of Richmond – 210 Piccadilly Street
- Lot 4: Adelaide/Marshall Street (Tolpuddle) – 635 Marshall Street
- Lot 5: Queens Ave East of Richmond – 185 Queens Avenue
- Lot 6: Kent Street West of Richmond – 174 Kent Street
- Lot 7: Dundas/Rectory – 824 Dundas Street
- Lot 8: Budweiser Gardens – 99 Dundas Street
- Lot 11: King Street East of Thames – 331 Thames Street
- Lot 12: Ridout/Horton Street – 199 Ridout Street N
- Lot 15: Convention Centre – 300 York Street
- Lot 16: 205 Oxford Street
- Lot 17: Thames Street – 331 Thames Street
- Lot 19: Museum London – 421 Ridout Street
- Lot 20: 155 Kent Street
- Lot 21: 558 Talbot Street
- Lot 22: 695 Richmond Street