Provincial police say a London woman was killed and her infant was badly injured in a crash just west of Kitchener.
OPP say the 29-year-old victim was killed and her two-month-old son was critically injured in the collision on Highway 7/8 in Wilmot Township Sunday night.
Investigators say the woman was pronounced dead in hospital, and her baby was airlifted to a trauma centre with life-threatening injuries.
Police say the two were passengers in a vehicle that was struck from behind.
Two others in the car, believed to be the woman’s husband and mother, suffered minor injuries.
Police say 26 year old Ahmed Darwish of Kitchener (photo via Facebook) is facing the following charges:
- Dangerous operation of a vehicle causing death
- Two counts of dangerous operation of a vehicle causing bodily harm
- Impaired driving causing death
- Impaired driving causing bodily harm
- Fail to provide a breath sample causing bodily harm
- Fail to submit to a drug evaluation – fatality
He was held in custody and appeared in a Kitchener court Monday. CTV News reports Darwish was remanded in custody and is scheduled to return to court next Monday.