Perth County OPP have laid more charges in connection with an investigation that began over a year ago.
John Paul Stone, 54, was arrested on Tuesday and charged with the following:
- Luring a person under 16 years of age by means of telecommunication x2
- Agreement or arrangement – Sexual offence against a child x7
- Procure to have illicit sexual intercourse x5
- Makes, prints, publishes or possesses for the purpose of publication any child pornography
- Imports, distributes, sells or possesses for the purpose of distribution or sale any child pornography
Stone appeared in court Tuesday, where he was released on a Recognizance. He’s due to appear in court in Listowel on Wednesday, Sept. 23rd to answer to the charges.
Perth OPP Investigators, with the assistance of the OPP Technological Crime Unit, originally arrested Stone in July of 2015 after conducting a search warrant at a Listowel residence.
He was charged with 11 sex offences in Listowel between 2012 and 2015. Seven involved people under 16. He was also charged with trafficking methamphetamine.
In August of 2015, he was charged with another 18 sex offences. He’s due in a Stratford court in December to answer to the charges laid last year.