Environment Canada has issued special weather statements for London and most of Southern Ontario ahead of the arrival of hot and muggy conditions in the region this week.
According to the national weather agency, the hot and humid conditions are due to the arrival of an incoming airmass from the Gulf of Mexico which will roll into the province during the day Tuesday and stick around until Thursday night.
Highs of 30 to 33 degrees will be found in most places on Tuesday, the advisory said. Adding in the humidex, it will feel more like 40 degrees.
While forecasters predict Wednesday and Thursday will also be hot and humid, the possibility of showers or thunderstorms may bring occasional relief to some areas, the advisory said.
Environment Canada is forecasting a mix of sun and cloud on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Wednesday will see a 40 percent chance of showers, and Thursday a 60 percent chance.
Wednesday and Thursday’s high will be 32 degrees, and 30 degrees respectively, not including the humidex.
Overnight conditions will be muggy with lows of 20 to 23 degrees.
Cooler conditions are set to roll into the province Thursday night. Friday’s high is 24 degrees.