An apartment fire over the weekend has resulted in drugs and weapons charges against a London man.
It was around 1 p.m. Saturday when the London Fire Department and London Police Service were called to a fire on the fourth floor of an apartment on Adelaide Street North. The occupant of the apartment was taken to hospital with multiple burns.
The investigation saw police execute a search warrant at an apartment inside 1134 Adelaide Street North.
Police seized the following drugs and weapons:
- 254 grams of marijuana bud totalling $2540
- 1863 grams of marijuana shake totalling $400
- 15 vials of cannabis resin with residue
- 30 cans of butane
- 380 caliber semi-automatic handgun
- Loaded magazine with six rounds of 380 caliber ammunition
- 22-caliber semi-automatic rifle
- 13 rounds of 22 caliber ammunition
- 15 rounds of 38 caliber ammunition
As a result of the investigation, 53-year-old Brian Calvert of London has been charged with two counts of possession of a schedule I substance, production of a schedule II substance, and numerous firearms-related offences.